Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Different types of backup for ORACLE database!
Different types of backup for ORACLE database! [message #272] Sat, 02 February 2002 11:33 Go to next message
Amy
What are the different types of backup for an ORACLE database? What type of backup you would recommand for Amazon for example? Also, what are the architectural diagrams facts and figures? I am so unfamiliar with this topic, and hope that i can receive some helpful info from the ORACLE experts out there. Your help is appreciated. :-)
Re: Different types of backup for ORACLE database! [message #274 is a reply to message #272] Sat, 02 February 2002 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh Vemulapalli
basically there are 2 types of backups(hot backup and cold backup). Cold backup can be done only when database is shutdown.copying operating system files(physical structure) into backup location when database shutdown is called cold backup.This method is ideal if you have enough downtime of database.

Amazon case is different. it should be available 24X7. so hot backup with archive logs is ideal for that type of database.you can take this backup without shutting down database.

HTH
Suresh
Re: Different types of backup for ORACLE database! [message #362 is a reply to message #274] Thu, 07 February 2002 04:33 Go to previous message
Jay
Can you recommend an off the shelf software to backup Oracle files. I find that ARCSERV and VERITAS are very expensive.
Previous Topic: rman
Next Topic: Where I can get information about the RMAN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:32:12 CDT 2024