Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Not able to retrive the data form view.
Not able to retrive the data form view. [message #319694] Mon, 12 May 2008 13:06 Go to next message
sreenu80

Hi friends

when i trying to retive data form view it is showing no records retrived.But when i trying to query the script which is defined for View it is picking the data.

Ex:

select * from v1;

No rows retriveds

Script for the v1 view

create view v1(A1,B1,C1)as select a1,b1,c1 from v2;

when i am querry the script of v1 alone :
select a1,b1,c1 from v2; It is retriving data.

But if i quered like select * from v1;
No data retrived.

Please help me on this it is very urgent.

Thanks
sreenu
Re: Not able to retrive the data form view. [message #319715 is a reply to message #319694] Mon, 12 May 2008 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
when i am querry the script of v1 alone :
select a1,b1,c1 from v2; It is retriving data.

But if i quered like select * from v1;
No data retrived.

Perhaps you'd rather copy and paste the whole SQL*Plus session. Information you post isn't exactly accurate.
Re: Not able to retrive the data form view. [message #321519 is a reply to message #319694] Tue, 20 May 2008 10:20 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
You have to set the organizational context to retrieve data from views in a SQL session. This is because the organization application parameter is not automatically set, like it is when you login to the application. There are a number of system parameters that behave in this manner, such as last_login_id, but to retrieve rows from views, you only need to set the org context.

BEGIN
fnd_client_info.set_org_context(:org_value);
end;

:org_value is the ID number of your top organization in your system hierarchy. If you are not using multi-org, then there can really only be one valid value for this parameter. The set_org_context function accepts numbers only, so you may have to cast the bind variable appropriately or replace with the literal value in NUMBER format.
Previous Topic: rep-0069 Supplier Report error (R12)
Next Topic: Concurrent request failing in pl/sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 16:56:05 CDT 2024