Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Unable to Create Control file (Oracle, 9.0.1.1.1, Win Xp)
icon14.gif  Unable to Create Control file [message #498062] Tue, 08 March 2011 09:14 Go to next message
balakris.t
Hi,
I tried a lot to load data to table from excel(.csv) using sql*loader the oracle version of sql*loader doesn't support the control file created using notepad(.ctl).Though i given a filename with extension as .ctl it seems as a .txt file. Is there any alternate way to create it?

Thanks in advance...
Re: Unable to Create Control file [message #498065 is a reply to message #498062] Tue, 08 March 2011 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
There's no reason why sqlloader should object to .ctl file created with notepad.
Copy and paste your ctl file and your sqlloader call with all error messages.
Re: Unable to Create Control file [message #498072 is a reply to message #498065] Tue, 08 March 2011 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
In addition, Oracle does not care about any file extension, you can name them as you want.

Regards
Michel
Re: Unable to Create Control file [message #498126 is a reply to message #498062] Tue, 08 March 2011 19:27 Go to previous message
don.baugh@gmail.com
In Microsoft Windows I've seen many create a file naming it filename.extension only to reference it as that name and it not be found. Windows explorer defaults to hiding extensions of known file types. So a file named abc.txt is listed as abc. Some create files with a name like file abc.def. And see it listed as abc.def. But in fact it is named abc.def.txt. When in the explorer go to tools, folder options, then in the view tab uncheck Hide extension for known file types. If you see your loader.ctl now listed as loader.ctl.txt you can rename it, or reference it by its complete name.
Previous Topic: sql loader issue
Next Topic: EXPORT AND IMPORT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:37:42 CDT 2024