Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Dataguard Query (Oracle 10g release 2, windows server 2003 )
Dataguard Query [message #526072] Sat, 08 October 2011 00:38 Go to next message
raj9999
1> Does dataguard in 10g use ftp/rsh to transfer archived log files to standby database or some other protocol?

2> In my primary database, archives are getting generated normally, there is no error in alert log file. But archives are not getting transferred to standby database. I am able to connect through sys user from primary server to standby database & vice versa.

Also, tnsping is working fine.

All was working fine till 2 days back & no parameter has been changed from database side.
I am not able to transfer the file manually through FTP to standby server. Does it is the problem? Or dataguard doesnt use FTP protocol to transfer the files?
Kindly help.
Re: Dataguard Query [message #526073 is a reply to message #526072] Sat, 08 October 2011 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1> It uses Orale Net Services, read

Data Guard Concepts and Administration
Chapter 5 Redo Transport Services

Regards
Michel
Re: Dataguard Query [message #526094 is a reply to message #526073] Sat, 08 October 2011 03:24 Go to previous message
John Watson
Some simple queries that might help diagnose the problem:

On the primary,
select dest_name,destination,error from v$archive_dest_status;
select name,value from v$parameter where name like 'log_archive_dest%';

And on both primary and standby:
select process,status,sequence#,block# from v$managed_standby;
Previous Topic: standby FAL help
Next Topic: Poor man's dataguard role: reversal primary becomes standby and vice versa
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:53:41 CDT 2024