Home » Other » Client Tools » Oracle SQL Developer Error message (Oracle SQL Developer, Latest I assume..., Windows 7)
Oracle SQL Developer Error message [message #533125] Mon, 28 November 2011 06:42 Go to next message
abarnybox
Hi,

I have a connection 'FACILITY' and I have created some tables under the connection. What I want to do is export the tables and connections (primary and foreign key stuff) as DDL. I was using data modeler to export something else before so what I tried was importing the tables into Data Modeler and then Exporting that as DDL, but the error message
ERROR: Tablespace FACILITY_DATA has no data files defined
is in the DDL. Just wondering what that might mean if anyone knows and how to fix it.
Also if going via Data Modeler isn't the best way to get the DDL then yeh...if you could tell me how to do it, thanks.

abarnybox
Re: Oracle SQL Developer Error message [message #533127 is a reply to message #533125] Mon, 28 November 2011 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use SQL Developer so - no idea.

What will you do with the "export" once you get it?

Wouldn't you rather "export" that schema and then "import" it into another database / schema? EXP/IMP utilities or DATAPUMP should be used for that purpose.
Re: Oracle SQL Developer Error message [message #533129 is a reply to message #533127] Mon, 28 November 2011 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abarnybox
I was going to import it into APEX, I imported a DDL file before so I figured that would be the easiest way to do it.

The schema I'm using doesn't have an APEX workspace linked to it yet, but it will do in the near futuer. So until then I was going to use an old APEX workspace...so yes I think?
Re: Oracle SQL Developer Error message [message #533132 is a reply to message #533129] Mon, 28 November 2011 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd export "facility" schema and import it into a schema that you use with Apex (i.e. the one that is linked to Apex workspace).

Or, create another Apex workspace and link it to that database schema (a little bit more complicated as you'd have to manage Apex developer(s) etc. as well).
Re: Oracle SQL Developer Error message [message #533134 is a reply to message #533132] Mon, 28 November 2011 07:10 Go to previous message
abarnybox
Ok, thanks, I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.
Previous Topic: delete table works in Toad, but not in SQL*Plus on UNIX
Next Topic: Continue sql script: yes or no
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:44:39 CDT 2024