Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Running exp and imp command on 11.2.0.1.0 Production version (Oracle: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production; Solaris 10)
Running exp and imp command on 11.2.0.1.0 Production version [message #561786] Wed, 25 July 2012 05:36 Go to next message
msgforsunil
Hello Team,

I ran "exp" command to take a back of Oracle Db based on user and later imported(using "imp" command) the dump into another db.

Its seen that some the tables are not exported during exp command run. Can I use exp command on Oracle 11.2 version?

or should I always be using expdp command?

Thanks
Sunil Kumar
Re: Running exp and imp command on 11.2.0.1.0 Production version [message #561787 is a reply to message #561786] Wed, 25 July 2012 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
EXP and IMP (see Part IV) are still available in 11g, but you should not use them (see the note at the beginning of Original Export chapter). Therefore, switch to Data Pump.
Re: Running exp and imp command on 11.2.0.1.0 Production version [message #561862 is a reply to message #561787] Wed, 25 July 2012 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alan.kendall@nfl.com
With 11g imports from prior Oracle Versions I have had some corruption issues so I have had to
truncate or drop partially imported tables and import the tables one at a time after doing individual
table exports.
SCOTT > @cr8_exports_by_TABLE_NAME_on_Unix.sql

exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file=DEPT.dmp tables=\(DEPT\) log=DEPT.log
exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file=EMP.dmp tables=\(EMP\) log=EMP.log
exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file=BONUS.dmp tables=\(BONUS\) log=BONUS.log
exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file=SALGRADE.dmp tables=\(SALGRADE\) log=SALGRADE.log

SCOTT > list
  1  select 'exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file='||table_name||
  2* '.dmp tables=\('||table_name||'\) log='||table_name||'.log' from user_tables

SCOTT > @cr8_exports_by_TABLE_NAME_on_Windows.sql

exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file=DEPT.dmp tables=(DEPT) log=DEPT.log
exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file=EMP.dmp tables=(EMP) log=EMP.log
exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file=BONUS.dmp tables=(BONUS) log=BONUS.log
exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file=SALGRADE.dmp tables=(SALGRADE) log=SALGRADE.log

SCOTT > list
  1  select 'exp userid=myschema_login/myschema_password file='||table_name||
  2* '.dmp tables=('||table_name||') log='||table_name||'.log' from user_tables
Re: Running exp and imp command on 11.2.0.1.0 Production version [message #562341 is a reply to message #561862] Tue, 31 July 2012 08:43 Go to previous message
msgforsunil
Thank you very much for clarifying. Will not be using imp/exp command to run on Oracle 11 version.
Previous Topic: Export/Import tables based on date condition
Next Topic: sequence in sqlldr
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:50:10 CDT 2024