Home » Other » Client Tools » SQL Developer connection issues. (Oracle SQL Developer version 4.0.2.15)
SQL Developer connection issues. [message #633002] Mon, 09 February 2015 23:26 Go to next message
MengwiBang
I am new to SQL Developer. When I try to make a connection on my local machine I get this error,

"Status: Failure -Test failed: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection".

Been having this error whenever attempting to connect from home after reconfiguring the network connection.

IO/Error: The Network Adapter could not establish a connection
Vendor code 17002

Please advise.
Thank you.
Re: SQL Developer connection issues. [message #633006 is a reply to message #633002] Tue, 10 February 2015 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

You say "after reconfiguring the network connection". This may have messed up the database listener so that it can no longer listen on the adress for which it is confgured, or SQL*Developer so that it can no longer find the listener.
What change did you make? And what operating system are you using?
Re: SQL Developer connection issues. [message #633044 is a reply to message #633002] Tue, 10 February 2015 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
MengwiBang wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 23:26

Been having this error whenever attempting to connect from home after reconfiguring the network connection.

Connect from home? Where is the database, in relation to where you are connecting from? Please explain a bit more about 'connect from home'.
As already asked, what "network changes" did you make? And where did you make them.
What kind of connection did you define in SQL Dev -- Basic? TNS? some other?
Re: SQL Developer connection issues. [message #633048 is a reply to message #633044] Tue, 10 February 2015 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
My guess is, OP is unware of the hostname. While trying to access the database remotely, he still uses localhost and thus end up with that error.

It is a wild guess, I agree the other questions are as important as knowing the blood group before donating it to someone.

@OP, to be precise, if you are able to connect to the database locally, and not remotely, could you please compare the connection details. I insist post the tnsnames.ora file details and your SQL Developer connection details.
Re: SQL Developer connection issues. [message #633082 is a reply to message #633048] Tue, 10 February 2015 11:08 Go to previous message
EdStevens
Lalit - agreed, but if he's using 'basic' connection type, the tnsnames.ora is not a factor.

All in all, the OP needs to answer every question that's been asked of him by all participants. As it is we really having nothing but an out-of-context error message.
Previous Topic: read multiple text files
Next Topic: why is sqlplus -v different from select * from v$version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:23:38 CDT 2024