Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Weblogic is crashing on Windows with perl.exe problem (Weblogic 10.3, Windows Server 2008)
Weblogic is crashing on Windows with perl.exe problem [message #657732] Sat, 19 November 2016 19:53 Go to next message
rashedul
Hi

We're using Weblogic on WIndows Server 2008. All our WebCenter related stuffs like WebCenter Spaces, WebCenter Pagelets are running on this Weblogic. It was running smoothly without any problem. Recently it started crashing, sometime Weblogic itself, sometime WebCenter Spaces or Pagelets and within a short the Windows server also crashes. Looking at the Windows Event Viewer we find following error:

Faulting application path: C:\app\user_name\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\perl\bin\perl.exe

When Weblogic or Spaces or Pagelts crashes, the error is shown as below:

Faulting application path: C:\app\su-how.tan\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\perl\bin\perl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

When the Windows itself crashes, this error is shown as below:

Faulting application path: C:\app\su-how.tan\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\perl\bin\perl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll

I can't figure out this perl.exe problem, could anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks

--
Rashed
Re: Weblogic is crashing on Windows with perl.exe problem [message #657736 is a reply to message #657732] Sun, 20 November 2016 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

One possibility - you are using the Perl installed in the database home, which is a bit odd. Do you not have any other version installed elsewhere? If so you could set the relevant environment variables to use it. Or download and install a fresh version.
Re: Weblogic is crashing on Windows with perl.exe problem [message #657745 is a reply to message #657736] Sun, 20 November 2016 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rashedul
Hi John

Thanks for your reply. I don't have any other version installed at this moment. Are you asking me to download and install fresh version of perl.exe? I actually don't have idea where to get it from for Oracle? Is perl.exe available on Oracle site? Thanks
Re: Weblogic is crashing on Windows with perl.exe problem [message #657746 is a reply to message #657745] Sun, 20 November 2016 20:11 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
rashedul wrote on Sun, 20 November 2016 17:07
Hi John

Thanks for your reply. I don't have any other version installed at this moment. Are you asking me to download and install fresh version of perl.exe? I actually don't have idea where to get it from for Oracle? Is perl.exe available on Oracle site? Thanks

unwilling or incapable to use GOOGLE yourself?

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=ww#hl=en&q=download+perl
Previous Topic: Forms OID OAM Single Domain
Next Topic: OAM configuration for OAuth2.0 support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:57:06 CDT 2024