Home » Other » Client Tools » Oracle SQL Developer
Oracle SQL Developer [message #658967] Mon, 02 January 2017 20:42 Go to next message
SmileyBirdy
I have been tasked with a scenario and part of this is to develop a database.

One of the task is to add functionality to the database such as F1, F2, F3, F4. Never done this before. How could this be done?

I need to add a group of people under one record. How is this possible with a function key?
Re: Oracle SQL Developer [message #658968 is a reply to message #658967] Mon, 02 January 2017 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
SmileyBirdy wrote on Mon, 02 January 2017 18:42
I have been tasked with a scenario and part of this is to develop a database.

One of the task is to add functionality to the database such as F1, F2, F3, F4. Never done this before. How could this be done?

I need to add a group of people under one record. How is this possible with a function key?
How many different components, pieces or parts exist between Function Key & Database?
Is application 3-tier?

>I need to add a group of people under one record.
how will you or I know when correct solution has been posted here?
Re: Oracle SQL Developer [message #658970 is a reply to message #658967] Tue, 03 January 2017 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Please feedback to your previous topic before posting a new one.

Re: Oracle SQL Developer [message #658971 is a reply to message #658968] Tue, 03 January 2017 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I've never heard of the "F3 database functionality". What is it? I know that Oracle Forms (just for example, as we're dealing with Oracle) offer key mapping so that you could map function keys to different tasks, so F3 might - again for example - perform execute query operation. (Oh, that) Jeff Smith (!) talks about keyboard shortcuts in SQL Developer so - maybe that's what you are looking for ... have a look here.

"A group of people under one record" looks like a nested table. I prefer oldfashioned master-detail relationship; first of all, they are easier to maintain. Furthermore, some front-end development tools might have difficulties in displaying nested tables, while most of them have Wizards which know how to display master-detail data; I'm not saying that you can NOT do it, but you'll have to write some code; end user won't notice the difference anyway, but you'll make things (too) complex when compared to benefit nested tables provide (if any).

However, if the whole story is about educational purposes, go ahead (as you *must* do it that way anyway).
Re: Oracle SQL Developer [message #658985 is a reply to message #658971] Tue, 03 January 2017 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SmileyBirdy
This is it:

Normalise (to third normal form) the Course-Details form and the Customer Booking form separately. Show all the steps clearly. Now consolidate the entities by eliminating redundancies and then produce a final list of entities. Already Done

Implement and submit adequate documentation for the following:
Create and populate just those database tables which correspond to the normalised entities found in part (2). Submit Oracle scripts for each table, showing its description and its contents. Already done

Implement the following functionalities: (Now Stuck)
F1 - create a new customer and enrol him on a course
F2 - create a family of four and enrol them all on the same course
F3 - ability to change course information
F4 - ability to remove retiring staff from the system

Heres the link to the form https://www.dropbox.com/s/552tjhiu0fbkz2k/Scenario.pdf?dl=0

Re: Oracle SQL Developer [message #658991 is a reply to message #658985] Tue, 03 January 2017 07:50 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Michel Cadot wrote on Tue, 03 January 2017 07:41

Please feedback to your previous topic before posting a new one.
Do it now.

Previous Topic: no orageneric11 in java.library.path
Next Topic: abut toad 12.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:33:00 CDT 2024