Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Backup and Recovery
Backup and Recovery [message #60819] Mon, 08 March 2004 21:29 Go to next message
Pravin
Hi All,

My Database is in archive log mode and I will be taking backup of individual tablespace. My question is: as the database is online transactions are going on and if I put a Tablespace in begin backup mode. What will happen to the transaction (data) till I end my Backup process, and I change Tablespace from Begin backup to End Backup.

Thanks in Advance

Pravin
Re: Backup and Recovery [message #60822 is a reply to message #60819] Tue, 09 March 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JMac
The transactions are recorded in the redo logs. When you recover using the hot backup Oracle knows the files were backed up 'open' and replays the changes using the redo logs.
Re: Backup and Recovery [message #60837 is a reply to message #60819] Tue, 09 March 2004 12:18 Go to previous message
Thiru
They(ie transactions) are going to be written to the datafiles and redo log files(some extra information during the hotbackup). Only the datafile headers remain frozen during the duration of the hotbackup. The contents of the datafiles are 'hotbackup fuzzy' during the backup and will be made consistent by the application of the archivelogs during the recovery phase.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: Incremental backup in Oracle 8i
Next Topic: Emergency! Help! Full rman backup restore problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:32:40 CDT 2024