Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Cloning
Cloning [message #64225] Wed, 05 January 2005 00:53 Go to next message
Rohit Tyagi
Hi, I am a bit new to Oracle stuff but RDBMS concepts r clear... I have 1 live server and a test server both r running independent Oracle 8 on Sun solaris, now i would like to replicate the db of Live Server to db at Test Server, and this should happen may be after every 2 hours or so .... so for this sort of requirement i need to study or concentrate on what part of oracle.

If somebody can just point the steps that i will probably require or provide a link, i will be really thankfull.

May be once i get a initiall hint, rest i will read the doc.

Thanks & Regards

Rohit
Re: Cloning [message #64228 is a reply to message #64225] Wed, 05 January 2005 02:58 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Ideally, you are looking into oracle replication, where changes made in one master site are automatically propogated to other sites. Look into SNAPSHOT REPLICATION.
The rest would be crude methods ( which may work if the data is small).
1. blow away test data, export master data, import into testDb, repeat every two hours
2. Create staging table(s). Use Triggers to capture all the changes done in masterDB and insert them to stagingarea. Load this stagingArea to your test db every two hours.
3. Use RMAN to backup the MasterDB.
Use RMAN duplication to clone MasterDB to TestDB.
Previous Topic: Funda befind hot backup
Next Topic: RMAN-01005
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:30:17 CDT 2024