Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » ora-01031 error in sqlplus trying startup command
ora-01031 error in sqlplus trying startup command [message #69001] Fri, 12 October 2001 07:55 Go to next message
John D. Elliott
After reading on the net that svrmgrl was desupported in future versions of oracle, I tried to use sqlplus /nolog as a replacement.

First I am running Win 2K and have oracle 8.1.7. I have just created a new instance by using oradim and it seems to be fine.

I connected as sys/passwordgoeshere as sysdba and it connected me. I try the startup nomount pfile="pathgoeshere" and it says insufficient priv. ora-01031.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

John E.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: ora-01031 error in sqlplus trying startup command [message #69002 is a reply to message #69001] Fri, 12 October 2001 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gary garcia
There seems to be raising 2 points in thsi question.

First one is have u created a new instance . to create a new instance u have to start the database in no mount phase.

Second one is is that when u have created the new instance , second time when u want to start the instance u have say startup mount pfile = ' / / .ora';

please clear

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: ora-01031 error in sqlplus trying startup command [message #74558 is a reply to message #69001] Fri, 07 January 2005 00:23 Go to previous message
IB
Are you a member (i.e. your windows user) of the SYS_DBA group ?

Check out note 77665.1 on metalink (http://metalink.oracle.com) which deals with permissions on Win 2k
Previous Topic: how to convert UTC timestamp to local timestamp
Next Topic: shell script parameters for sql loader!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 01:18:52 CDT 2024