Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » sqlldr control parameter
sqlldr control parameter [message #71050] Mon, 02 September 2002 17:42 Go to next message
votey
Hi, could any one please help?

I can't use the following command in the different directory that controlfile.ctl is located.

%sqlldr userid=demo/demo control='/home/mydir/orac/data/controlfile.ctl' log =loader.log

The error is:
LRM-00112: multiple values not allowed for parameter 'control'

But if in the same directory with controlfile.ctl, sqlldr works fine!

Thanks,
votey
Re: sqlldr control parameter [message #71076 is a reply to message #71050] Thu, 05 September 2002 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay Bajracharya
Is there a space between log and = in the command ??

TRY:

%sqlldr userid=demo/demo control='/home/mydir/orac/data/controlfile.ctl' log=loader.log
Re: sqlldr control parameter [message #71078 is a reply to message #71050] Thu, 05 September 2002 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
votey
I've got the solution: the control parameter shouldn't be quoted. I think the space doesn't matter. Thanks any way!
Re: sqlldr control parameter [message #74554 is a reply to message #71050] Thu, 06 January 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nag
You have to enclose the whole path of the control as well as log files in single quotes.
Re: sqlldr control parameter [message #74676 is a reply to message #71050] Thu, 03 February 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
QuynhTrang
HI, I need your helps!
I have to load data from a dbf file to Oracle. I wrote a program in Visual basic and It did well. But Now I have a trouble. sometimes My program can't load data from a dbf file but it still does well with other dbfs. When I debug, I found and error like Votey: LRM-00112: multiple values not allowed for parameter 'control'.
But when I run my program in other computer to load the dbf file I couldn't load , it did well.
So I don't understand what happened. Please help me! Thank u very much.
Re: sqlldr control parameter [message #74694 is a reply to message #74676] Fri, 04 February 2005 08:21 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
It is saying that somehow you are attempting to use two different values for control when only one is allowed. Please see the following demonstration, in which I have first attempted to use two values for control and no records are loaded, then I have used only one value and the rows load. I don't know what your code looks like or how you are passing your parameters, but that is what is happening.

-- does not work before there are two values for control:
scott@ORA92> host sqlldr scott/tiger control=test.ctl,test2.ctl

scott@ORA92> select * from test_tab
  2  /

no rows selected

-- works because there is only one value for control:
scott@ORA92> host sqlldr scott/tiger control=test.ctl

scott@ORA92> select * from test_tab
  2  /

COL1 COL2
---------- -----
         1 test1