Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import affected storage parameters of tables
Import affected storage parameters of tables [message #72408] Mon, 09 June 2003 14:42 Go to next message
Matthew Iskra
I am having trouble with what an import has done to my tables.

I took a USER export from a production box. Parameters where:
FILE=<a_filepath>/exports/a_schema.dmp
OWNER=a_schema
GRANTS=y
ROWS=y
COMPRESS=y

I then dropped and recreated the user ("a_schema" in this sample). I then loaded the data. The parameters were:
FEEDBACK=1000
FILE=<a_filepath>/exports/a_schema.dmp
ROWS=y
TABLES=(*)
TOUSER=a_schema

Now my problem. I am trying to add indexes to some tables, and add some constraints. I get the following error:

ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'A_SCHEMA_TBS'

I have never actually run into this before. I have plenty of space in the tablespace, and the storage parameters have very large numbers for max extents.

Did import/export do something, or am I having some hidden storage problem, such as with extents?
Re: Import affected storage parameters of tables [message #72411 is a reply to message #72408] Tue, 10 June 2003 06:32 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleive,
u need to increase or give unlimited quota on the tablespace to the user.
when u created the user, u should have granted the user  the connect and resource roles.
this role resource by default will have a unlimited quota priv on all tablespaces.
In some environments, the unlimited quota priv may be revoked from the role RESOURCE.
so try granting unlimited quota for the concerned tablespace to the user.

Previous Topic: I know this might sound stupid...but
Next Topic: Append rows to an existing table using exp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 22:28:10 CDT 2024