Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Synchronization with Oracle Databases - Help Urgent!!
Synchronization with Oracle Databases - Help Urgent!! [message #72551] Tue, 15 July 2003 23:17 Go to next message
rex
Hi All,

I have two oracle databases running on Sun Solaris and Window NT. I would like to synchronize and replicate between these two databases. Presently i'm doing this using import and export utilities. Exporting data from sun solaris oracle DB to Windows NT oracle DB. Taking long time to complete the process. If any one can help me whether this can be automate using any scripts in pl/sql or any software's available in the market to do this process.

Pls advise me and help me.

Rex
Re: Synchronization with Oracle Databases - Help Urgent!! [message #72554 is a reply to message #72551] Wed, 16 July 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you must look into replication using oracle.
have a look in oracle docs
Re: Synchronization with Oracle Databases - Help Urgent!! [message #72555 is a reply to message #72551] Wed, 16 July 2003 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
and you can actually use incremental export, which will export only the changed rows.
the concern is, incremental and cumulative exports are supposed to DESUPPORTED soon. SO In a longer run, it wouldnt be a good solution
Re: Synchronization with Oracle Databases - Help Urgent!! [message #72557 is a reply to message #72555] Wed, 16 July 2003 07:40 Go to previous message
rex
Thanks, i'll check oracle doc's. There is any software available to do replication. I could recommed Mirrored server but it will run on Window NT/2000. Here they are using Sun Solaris and Win NT.

Rex
Previous Topic: Sql*plus and CHR(10)
Next Topic: Upsert Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 22:10:00 CDT 2024