Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » importing data from oracle9i to oracle8i
importing data from oracle9i to oracle8i [message #72666] Tue, 26 August 2003 01:23 Go to next message
aranga
Sir,

I am not able to import data (dmp file) in Oracle8i which has been exported in Oracle9i.

It throws the message that title header is not matching and comes out of the import utilities.

When i run import command setting some of the options but leaving other options, it throws error according to the options.

Some of the messages are such as "skiping the table ..."

import aborted and ORA-00922.

However, I am able to import the same Oracle9i itself as the file appears not corrupted.

How to import the same. urgent help is required.

I wanted to know whether import of data from Oracle9i to Oracle8i is not possible.

If Oracle9i is not supporting such migration of data to the lower version, then it is going to create hell a lot of problem till the upgradation of Oracle8i to Oracle9i.

kindly enlighten me.

with regards,
V.ARANGA
Re: importing data from oracle9i to oracle8i [message #72667 is a reply to message #72666] Tue, 26 August 2003 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark
Hi aranga,
to import data from 9i to 8i you have to use exp/imp utilities only release 8i. If you export data from 9i using exp release 9i only imp release 9i can use that dump file, just on 9i databse release.

Hope this is useful

Mark
Re: importing data from oracle9i to oracle8i [message #72685 is a reply to message #72666] Wed, 03 September 2003 03:06 Go to previous message
sachin kumar gupta
Hi,

I am not sure, but I have read somewhere that running the catexp7.sql in ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin before exporting/importing(again not sure) u can import in lower version.
If it is done, kindly reply me the exact procedure.

Regards,
Sachin
Previous Topic: importing data from Oralce9i to Oracle8i
Next Topic: ORA-12560
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 22:09:38 CDT 2024