Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Convert Table from MS Access to Oracle
Convert Table from MS Access to Oracle [message #72713] Wed, 01 October 2003 04:12 Go to next message
sudhanshu
My basic purpose is to convert the Access Table in to Oracle Table. I could use Oracle Work Bench. But My requirement is to export the table from MS Access XP to Oracle8i on regular basis.

Please usggest me how to convert the dat either from Text File or CSV or ............

Sudhanshu
Re: Convert Table from MS Access to Oracle [message #72722 is a reply to message #72713] Fri, 03 October 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LT
I would export the table from Access as a CSV either comma deliminated or fixed position, comma deliminated is usually more convenient.

Then just invoke SQL Loader to read in the data.

If you are going to be doing this all the time you could write a little routine that done the Access export and then invoked SQL Loader and done the load.

You can make things even more easier if you just wrote a routine in simple Java (utilising JDBC) that exports the table from access and then connects to the DB using JDBC and then performs the load. Although easier in the long run, you must be careful with this method as any referential integrity constraints will be ignored and you wont get the nice log file that you get from SQL Loader.

Hope that this has helped.
Re: Convert Table from MS Access to Oracle [message #72787 is a reply to message #72722] Sat, 18 October 2003 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hussien Fahmy
i want
Convert Table from MS Access to Oracle
Re: Convert Table from MS Access to Oracle [message #73348 is a reply to message #72787] Wed, 31 March 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lurker
The other seems like far too much work, imho. So why not just create a ODBC datasource and then export the data directly from MS Access (by clicking export, and selecting ODBC())?
Re: Convert Table from MS Access to Oracle [message #73623 is a reply to message #73348] Sun, 06 June 2004 22:13 Go to previous message
B.V.S.SATISH
hi,

I want information about how to convert MS-ACCESS tables into ORACLE tables.
Previous Topic: Full Import - Quick Question
Next Topic: How to Write Batch file for SQL Loader on Windows and capture errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 01:44:46 CDT 2024