Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RMAN pre-script
RMAN pre-script [message #73042] Thu, 22 January 2004 18:57 Go to next message
Tigerlily
Hi,

Does any1 know if there is an Oracle RMAN Application Plugin Module (APM) pre-script,where I can add a script to shutdown the database before a scheduled backup job?

I know there is a post-script which can start up the db upon completion of a cold backup.

Despite claims made by a technical person from Bakbone software, I am yet to locate any documentation about a pre-script to use with Rman APM.

Any input is much appreciated. Thank you and regards!
Re: RMAN pre-script [message #73044 is a reply to message #73042] Thu, 22 January 2004 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tigerlily
Please note I use NetVault media management/backup software, and this RMAN APM is an Oracle interface which enables RMAN to communicate to NetVault.
Re: RMAN pre-script [message #73047 is a reply to message #73044] Fri, 23 January 2004 02:35 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleive, ur NetVault can call some shell scripts from the OS ( as in all other tools like veritas).
by default the script $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart and $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut will start and shutdown the databases in the local host.
Just make sure you have the right entries in your oratab file. Becuase the dbstart and dbshut scripts read this oratab file and act accordingly.
Previous Topic: Legato Networker and RMAN problem
Next Topic: backup to diffrent server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:42:45 CDT 2024