Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » bad performance in import when table created previously
bad performance in import when table created previously [message #73624] Sun, 06 June 2004 23:21 Go to next message
derys
Hi, All:

I am facing the following problem of import.

1. Due to the need of re-oragnize the tablespace, i have to create the table/index structure firstly, then import full database, the rollback segment will grow much faster than normal and hit the limit even if i set RBS to 3G with 5 rollback segments which is as big as RBS. My biggest table has 9M rows and total export file has 7G.

2. when i try to use commit=Y, the performance will be very very bad.

Looking forward to ur answer, thanks.

Re: bad performance in import when table created previously [message #73629 is a reply to message #73624] Tue, 08 June 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
1. Since your data volume is large,
dont import data along with indexes.
first import the data and later recreate the indexes.

2. Do not use commit=y.
using this u are asking import proces to commit frequently and that is definatly an overhead.

You are looking to re-org tablespace..
just take an export.
generate the ddl for indexes
import with indexes=n
recreate the indexes.
Re: bad performance in import when table created previously [message #73665 is a reply to message #73624] Tue, 15 June 2004 12:14 Go to previous message
croca
what i usually do is

create the new table

insert /*+APPEND*/ INTO NEW_TB SELECT * FROM OLD_TB;

no matter where your old tb is allocated, if it is a remote database works ok (just put @remote_db alias)
This is extremely fast.
And the new_tb can be created as NOLOGGING
and you can also parallelize the select statement if you have more than one cpu just adding the hint:

select /*+ parallel(old_tb,4)*/ * from old_tb;

Best luck.

Planning to use RMAN?, try RMAN VIEWER from
www.otools.com.ar
Previous Topic: The BUFFER parameter on IMPORT
Next Topic: How to know if a user exist?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 02:05:56 CDT 2024