Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Database Backup
Database Backup [message #74066] Wed, 01 September 2004 22:28 Go to next message
Iyappan
Hi friends,

I have a 9i DB 9.2.0.2 running on a Sun Sparc, Solaris 9. I made cold backup once and made a hot backup of the DB after certain DDL issued on a table. The DB is running in archive log mode. The archive log files are getting accumulated in the disk.

How to make a backup of the DB till the current stage and remove Archived logs?

Is there any method to check the back up is safe/uncorrupted to recover the DB in case of crash in future?

In case, The DB is crashed then how to recover the DB with Archive log.

thanks

iyappan
Re: Database Backup [message #74078 is a reply to message #74066] Fri, 03 September 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

You've got too many questions to address in one post. However, I will answer them briefly:

1. Do an RMAN "BACKUP (archivelog all delete input)". This will delete already backed-up archivelog files from disk.

2. RMAN> RESTORE DATABASE VALIDATE;

3. Do an RMAN "RESTORE DATABASE" followed by a "RECOVER DATABASE". The recovery part will apply the logs to the DB.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Database Backup [message #74086 is a reply to message #74078] Mon, 06 September 2004 01:35 Go to previous message
Iyappan
Hi Mr.Frank,

May I get an elaborate answer for your first solution i.e., Do an RMAN "BACKUP ( archivelog all delete input )".
I haven`t ever used RMAN utility. Please help me,

thanks
iyappan
Previous Topic: RMAN job failed.filesystem got filled up
Next Topic: RMAN BACKUP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:17:47 CDT 2024