Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Importing dump files questions (urgent)
Importing dump files questions (urgent) [message #74138] Sun, 19 September 2004 22:08 Go to next message
Matthew
Hi all,

I'm using Oracle DB release 9.2 and currently i've completed a full export for a tablespace named abc. the sample of exp commands i've used :-

Computer a:exp abc_user/abc_pass full=y

I wanna now import this .dmp file into another installation of Oracle DB release 9.2 on computer b that has an exisiting tablespace also named abc with the same user name as computer a with the same roles. This user it has DBA, CONNECT and RESOURCE roles.

but it seems i can't use this username to import back the .dmpfile it keeps on giving me invalid username or password error.

i've tried even making another tablespace named abc1 with a username with imp full database role but it still cannot work.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Importing dump files questions (urgent) [message #74140 is a reply to message #74138] Sun, 19 September 2004 23:53 Go to previous message
Matthew
FYI, i can login to sql plus on both computers wiht abc_user/abc_pass. anybody knows what i'm lacking of? thanks ..
Previous Topic: sql loader multiple lines
Next Topic: Importing data from an Excel sheet/file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 02:04:27 CDT 2024