Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » test db refresh from production db - different platforms
test db refresh from production db - different platforms [message #74458] Tue, 14 December 2004 09:37 Go to next message
Arpit
Hi,

I did a database migration of my production db from Unix to Windows 2000, using export/import...for one of the test projects. It worked fine.

Now, I need to refresh the db on Windows 2000 back from the Production db on Unix.

How would i do that? Do i have to coalesce or drop the tablespaces and run the import from the latest full dump from the production db OR simply running the import on top of it will do it's job?

Please help!

Thanks

exported my production database from Unix Server to another test
Re: test db refresh from production db - different platforms [message #74460 is a reply to message #74458] Wed, 15 December 2004 03:04 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>Do i have to coalesce or drop the tablespaces
what makes you to say this?
>>Now, I need to refresh the db on Windows 2000 back from the Production db on Unix.
take a new export from production DB.
drop all the tables/objects in your targetDB (windows machine). drop only objects that belong to the user you want to refresh ( or just blow away the whole user. Just make sure user/schema gets his privs/roles assigned back).
You can now import the data from productionDB to targetDB.

imp dba/password fromuser=prodcutionDBuser touser=targetDBuser file=/tmp/yourdumpfile.dmp
Previous Topic: Export/Import-Urgent
Next Topic: Oracle table import fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 01:59:28 CDT 2024