Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to skip columns using SQL Loader.
How to skip columns using SQL Loader. [message #74612] Fri, 21 January 2005 02:10 Go to next message
Leonardo Mattos
Hi,

I´m facing the following problem:
Suppose the data file contains four columns separated by ';'. The length of columns are variable. I just want to load the second and fourth columns, the first and third columns are not important. The question is, how can these columns? What options I have to put in the control file?

I´m asking that cause I´m building a application where a user can load data from a file to a database and he can choose to use Oracle SQL Loader to load the data. So I don´t want to restrict the possibility of using the Loader in such sittuation.

Thanks.
Re: How to skip columns using SQL Loader. [message #74613 is a reply to message #74612] Fri, 21 January 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
See section about "Specifying Filler Fields" in the Oracle Database Utilities User Guide.

Example:

LOAD DATA 
INFILE * 
INTO TABLE doc_table REPLACE 
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' 
( 
   doc_no   NUMBER,
   cv       FILLER,
   doc_desc CHAR
) 
BEGINDATA 
1,cv1.doc,My CV

Best regards.

Frank
Re: How to skip columns using SQL Loader. [message #74615 is a reply to message #74613] Fri, 21 January 2005 05:00 Go to previous message
Leonardo Mattos
Thank you.
Previous Topic: Efficient tool/procedure for Migrating Oracle 8.0.4 data of size 600 GB to 9.2.0
Next Topic: sqlldr loading julian dates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 01:45:11 CDT 2024