Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to find the control file I backup
How to find the control file I backup [message #75040] Sat, 14 April 2001 01:21 Go to next message
wyshuai
svrmgr>alter database backup controlfile to trace;
How to find the trace file ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: How to find the control file I backup [message #75044 is a reply to message #75040] Mon, 23 April 2001 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Wiltsch
Look in your init.ora or v$parameter to find the value of user_dump_dest. This is the default storage location for the trace file. Because it will have an ora_xxxx.trc file name, you'll have to pick it out be time or grep for something within the file to locate it. When you find it, rename it.

Re: How to find the control file I backup [message #75068 is a reply to message #75040] Wed, 27 June 2001 11:03 Go to previous message
Anthony Ajebon
The destination of your udump in the init.ora tells you where your user trace files are.
Search through your udump for the variuos .trc files and rename the controlfile to a meaningful name. Otherwise if you did not specify the dest in the init.ora, the default is in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log. Find your controlfile there by searching through the files, one after the other using vi.

Good luck.

Previous Topic: Backup and Recovery
Next Topic: Backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 10:46:15 CDT 2024