Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to export the Schema including all_directories??????
icon5.gif  How to export the Schema including all_directories?????? [message #111992] Tue, 22 March 2005 05:14 Go to next message
sunderrsunder

Hi,
I am Ramachandran, working in Telecom domain(Unix / Oracle). In ,my office, the job is to install the product in Sun OS(5.6) for performance tuning. The installation program will create an oracle(8i)) schema, tables and it will insert the records too with the help of (.xml files). But some products are taking 12 - 18 hours to complete the installation. After the installation i will install a new patch created by me. If any errors accrued in the new patch, then again wait for 12 - 18 hrs to reinstall the same. So that i decided to export the successfully installed program and its schema to recude the installation time.I did it and imp it in some another server. Then i installed a new patch in that imported env. There i am facing the problem. The new patch is checking (It will run the Make all) some entries in all_directories View(SYS Owner) regarding the product. But the related entries are missing in the imported environment. I checkd the same in the exported env, and it is there. Means while installing the product, the program in making an entry in all_directories, but it is missing in the expored env.

1. Any possibility to exp the all_directories to the new env ?
2. If so can i able to update the same with the existing one?
3. Or, Any other option to solve this problem ?

This is my problem . Can any one help me to solve this problem.

It will be very help full to me, if any one give some solution
for the same.?

My mail id: sunderrsunder@yahoo.com
Re: How to export the Schema including all_directories?????? [message #112062 is a reply to message #111992] Tue, 22 March 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Exp only exports database objects (stuff within the database). Database directories are pointers to external directories. Thus, you also need to run a file-system backup of these files/directories to complete your backup.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: How to export the Schema including all_directories?????? [message #112064 is a reply to message #111992] Tue, 22 March 2005 14:22 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>The new patch is checking (It will run the Make all) some entries in all_directories View(SYS Owner) regarding the product

I dont understand what you are exactly doing here.
whatever it is, are you by anyway updating / editing the all_direcotories view owned by SYS?
If so, that is the best HARM you can do to your database.

To answer your question
>> Any possibility to exp the all_directories to the new env ?

NO. export will NOT export any sys object.

Previous Topic: RMAN ----- DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE parth not found and (RMAN incremental Backup)
Next Topic: Import & export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:33:28 CDT 2024