Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » recover a clone database with archived log of the production one
recover a clone database with archived log of the production one [message #130628] Mon, 01 August 2005 11:34 Go to next message
mademba
hi,
I've made an entire backup of my server (includind oracle).
I retored it to a new machine a week ago.
Now i want to apply the archived redo log i gather from the production database during all that week.
Plz help to know how to do this
thanks
Re: recover a clone database with archived log of the production one [message #130715 is a reply to message #130628] Tue, 02 August 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Hi,

As i know ,
U can copy the latest control file from the old machine to the new machine ( keep old control file safe ) . Now when u try to start the database the checkpoint nos of the control files will not match with the checkpoint nos of ur datafiles so it will insist for recovery .

now store ur Archived log files in the same location as it was in the old machine and start recovery.

> Recover database

and recovery will b done automatically .

OR

if u cannot store the files in the same location as it was on the old machine then apply them one by one.

Then perform fake incomplete recovery, u can use the command

SQL> Recover database until cancel

using this command u wil b prompted to enter the path of the file when not found on default location.

I think this trick should work for u but before implementing it just wait for some more suggestions from big GURUS on this site.

regards,
tarun

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 02:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: recover a clone database with archived log of the production one [message #130772 is a reply to message #130715] Tue, 02 August 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mademba
Ok,
My new database is not in production, it is just used for audit purposes.

If i get what u mean, i suppose, any time i want to apply the archived redo log gathered in the production database,
i've to create a new controlfile for the clone database using the production one.

plz can u give me the details the procedure to copy the controfile from the production database.
Re: recover a clone database with archived log of the production one [message #130776 is a reply to message #130772] Tue, 02 August 2005 07:36 Go to previous message
tarundua

If u r having a 24*7 database then u can backup ur control file using command.

SQL> Alter database Backup controlfile to 'C:\path\filename.ctl' ;

And u wil get a backup control file.

regards,
tarun
Previous Topic: imp parfile
Next Topic: "ORA-01555:snapshot too old" in Oracle 9 using Automatic Undo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:24:45 CDT 2024