Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recover Packages/Procedures that were deleted  () 1 Vote
icon9.gif  Recover Packages/Procedures that were deleted [message #144838] Fri, 28 October 2005 10:12 Go to next message
JAGrogan
Hello everybody,

I'm not a DBA but get asked to find out how to do a lot of things DBAs would do.

The problem I have is that a developer developed packages & procedures with Navigator but did save his stuff regularly enough. Another developer told me he dropped a tablespace & the 1st developer needs it back. I'm supposing this tablespace contained the packages & procedures because I was sent a list of what he wanted back and by getting this tablespace back all the packages and procedures will be back.

Trouble is, there is no good backup until the robot is fixed but I do have all the archive logs.

Is it possible to tell Oracle to take the dB back to the state it was in, say, 47 hours ago from it's present state? This is Oracle 10G and they turned off the recycle bin so that is not available.

Thank for any help.

Regards,
Andrew
Re: Recover Packages/Procedures that were deleted [message #144843 is a reply to message #144838] Fri, 28 October 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> Another developer told me he dropped a tablespace & the 1st developer needs it back.

Seems like an all out 'Fun' site to work with.
Just kidding Smile
Why are developers allowed to drop a tablespace?

Packages & procedures are in dictionary.
You can always get them back from user_source or dba_source ( The developer did not drop SYSTEM tablespace. Right?).
scott@9i > column text format a40
scott@9i > break on name
scott@9i > select name,text from user_source order by name;

NAME                           TEXT
------------------------------ ----------------------------------------
FOO                            procedure foo
                               as
                               begin
                               null;
                               end;
Re: Recover Packages/Procedures that were deleted [message #144999 is a reply to message #144843] Sun, 30 October 2005 23:57 Go to previous message
JAGrogan
OK, thanks, I'll try that. The developers are SQL developers. One wrote the procedures and the other dropped it. These aren't production dBs but the beginning of a new dB.
Previous Topic: Steps to created Stand By server ...
Next Topic: How to recover a database from an export file??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:31:55 CDT 2024