Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to multiplex backup on linux and window using rman and samba
How to multiplex backup on linux and window using rman and samba [message #146159] Tue, 08 November 2005 22:59 Go to next message
rgopani

Hi,

We are using linux 9 as os and oracle 9i as database.
We are taking backup using rman on server machine,Now I want to multiplex same copy of backup on window machine,for which we I have configured rman to multipled backup on two desingations.
Now i want to mount second destination on window machine so that backup goes to window machine.This I achieved using smbmount command using root command.But now when I take backup using oracle user it gives error of access denied.The window's shared folder is given full access rights everyone to have full access.Can anybody say what should be the solutions.

Regatds,
Rupesh Gopani
Re: How to multiplex backup on linux and window using rman and samba [message #146214 is a reply to message #146159] Wed, 09 November 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I do not understand.
What are you trying to achieve here?
RMAN backupsets are OS dependent.
Backupsets created from a unix filesystem cannot be used to restore the database in a windows filesystem.
Re: How to multiplex backup on linux and window using rman and samba [message #148280 is a reply to message #146214] Wed, 23 November 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rgopani

i want to multipled backup on unix as well as on windows.
Re: How to multiplex backup on linux and window using rman and samba [message #148546 is a reply to message #148280] Thu, 24 November 2005 21:49 Go to previous message
chj733
no way!!!
You can't do it,they are different OS,you can't backup you database to them at the same time.
you can multiplex backup on your linux machine and then copy one of them to windows by using FTP,SSH,etc

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2005 21:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Problems with EXP/IMP
Next Topic: Unable to open database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:33:14 CDT 2024