Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Please see this....? when o/s get corrupt .....
Please see this....? when o/s get corrupt ..... [message #148639] Fri, 25 November 2005 13:23 Go to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

I got one private mail through one member of orafaq site probably the member is very new..... ... his question was related to database which is as below....

Question:- Can i ask question?if u can help me then plz tell me how to recover database if operating system corrupted?

Below is my reply ... you can read it .... & if technically i had doen any mistake in answering this above question then please let me know on this forum....

================================================================

Dear friend,

Before i reply to your question i want to suggest you something ... first of all for any query post your question on forum
Below is the link of forum

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/

Now when you will open the above link you will get many topic of oracle. click on the topic in which you want to submit your query... once you will click new page will be open listing question (i.e issue) of many people... on this page at right corner there will be one button with "new topic" <-- click on new topic button a compose box will be open there you can write your question... If your question is submitted on forum more than one people are going to reply on it and you will get better knowledge.... and other people those who have same type of question will also be benifited.

Note :- Expert people like Frank naude, Mahesh rajenderan,Mahe, Girish rohini, tarundba, smartin and many more will going to see your issue on forum and will give u better suggestion related to it.

As per your question i want to tell you ... that if operating system is corrupted than you can again install the o/s ... but over all hard disk is corrupted than every thing is goen. Remember one thing If o/s is install in c: drive then you have to format only c:drive and install o/s again .. but don’t format other drive on which oracle was install. you can get your database back.

Some big organization time to time also create backup of o/s (disk image) and maintain it on different backup server because of disk image you can get your database back by restoring the disk image of whole drive on which oracle and its datafile was present, but still few data will be lost.. as disk image is always old.(i.e old backup)

For critical database 24X7 as a backup plan.. we create standby database server which is same as the real database server so if your server or PC is crashed due to any disaster then you can start standby database server...which will be now primary database server.

Standby database is on different machine (PC/Server) than your current primary database .. but the configuration of standby database server is same like your primary database server .... standby database server is created to recover the database when its become difficult to start primary database . As per good backup policy standby is maintain at different location form the primary database.

Regards
Always Friend Sunilkumar.

================================================================
Thats It.....

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2005 13:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please see this....? when o/s get corrupt ..... [message #148982 is a reply to message #148639] Tue, 29 November 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chinni_00
Hello Sir,

Quote:

For critical database 24X7 as a backup plan

you have mention this point in a Reply mail of some friend

My question is which database is said to be a critical database and what is that
Quote:

24X7
iam not clear with that sir since iam very new to this Oracle

Waiting for your reply
Thanks in advance
Regards
Prem
Re: Please see this....? when o/s get corrupt ..... [message #148987 is a reply to message #148982] Tue, 29 November 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
stop brain teasing ..Very Happy Laughing prem ..If you are new then read book of oracle database adminstration...
Re: Please see this....? when o/s get corrupt ..... [message #148991 is a reply to message #148987] Tue, 29 November 2005 07:42 Go to previous message
chinni_00
oops Razz sorry to trouble you sir

i will start stduy the Oracle database admin book sir.

Thanks for your advice sir

Regards
Prem
Previous Topic: RMAN -6023
Next Topic: 9i windows rollback segment file cannot be read urgent problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:13:57 CDT 2024