Home » Other » Client Tools » Project Raptor
Project Raptor [message #153323] Sat, 31 December 2005 08:50 Go to next message
Frank
For those of you who haven't seen it yet: Project Raptor is available for download.
From Tehnnet:

Project Raptor is a new, free graphical tool that enhances productivity and simplifies database development tasks. With Project Raptor, you can browse database objects, run SQL statements and SQL scripts, and edit and debug PL/SQL statements. You can also run any number of provided reports, as well as create and save your own.

Re: Project Raptor [message #155446 is a reply to message #153323] Mon, 16 January 2006 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
I see Raptor Early Adopter Release 2 is now available for download.

I hope it will fix that 100% CPU/ hang condition when one opens the new DB connection dialog.

Regards.

Frank
Re: Project Raptor [message #160945 is a reply to message #155446] Wed, 01 March 2006 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Oracle SQL Developer (formerly Project Raptor)
On Feb 23, 2006 Oracle has released Oracle SQL Developer Early Adaptor Release 5. It seems Oracle has abandoned the Raptor name.

I've just downloaded it and it seems pretty stable at first glance.

MHE
Re: Project Raptor [message #163138 is a reply to message #160945] Wed, 15 March 2006 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Tried using the SQL Formatter. Didn't like the defaults so I changed them. Format again - same result. It didn't remember the defaults!!! Go back into the default pane and they are back at their original value. Is this happening to anyone else?

Anyone know how to set a default directory for SQL files? I'm sick of navigating through my folder hierarchy every time I open a file.
Re: Project Raptor [message #163452 is a reply to message #153323] Thu, 16 March 2006 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
Would sqlpath in the registry help?
Re: Project Raptor [message #163461 is a reply to message #163138] Thu, 16 March 2006 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you registered for access to the restricted OTN XE forum? If not, then I suggest you do that as soon as possible, and consider asking your question there. But remember to post the answer or, at least, a link to the answer here.

David
Re: Project Raptor [message #163462 is a reply to message #163452] Thu, 16 March 2006 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
The current setting of SQLPATH is the default one, but it doesn't even default files files to that location - it puts them under c:\oracle\sqldeveloper\jdev.
"sql developer a.k.a. project raptor" a great tool for developers.. [message #163577 is a reply to message #153323] Fri, 17 March 2006 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
Hi All,

Just wanted to share the ideas with you about a free development tool called "sql developer" just released by oracle. Earlier this tool was called "Project Raptor" by oracle.

"Sql developer" is a graphical tool that helps in database development activities (e.g. browsing the database , run sql queries etc). Sql plus is command line tool , where as Toad is GUI tool. the "sql developer" is oracle's graphical/visual version of "sql plus".

YOu can download this free tool from Oracle Technology Network at:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/sql/index.html

(You will need to subscribe to OTN for that, and it is free..)

There is lot of very useful material about this tool on OTN. There are overview documents, installation manual, release notes, tutorials, screenshots,architecture etc etc ..all these can be referred to at:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/sql_developer/index.html

I wish all of those projects that use , only sqlplus , would know about this tool and take its benefits..
also note that oracle has created a forum dedicated to this product , so if you have any questions related to the same, you can get answers to it, from the developers who wrote this software. This forum is available at:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=260

Good news for developer community!

Nirav
Re: "sql developer a.k.a. project raptor" a great tool for developers.. [message #163588 is a reply to message #163577] Fri, 17 March 2006 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Thanks for sharing, but the same announcement was made 3 months ago.

[Edit: Topics merged. Your post contains valuable links.]

[Updated on: Fri, 17 March 2006 06:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "sql developer a.k.a. project raptor" a great tool for developers.. [message #164387 is a reply to message #163588] Thu, 23 March 2006 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sueharper
Hi,

Three months ago, 28th Dec 2005, we released an early adopter of 'Project Raptor'. On the 13th March we went production with SQL Developer 1.0. So the announcements now are for the production release. If you had niggles with any of the early adopter releases - there were 7 including the initial release - you might like to give it another go.

You have a great site here with loads of feedback and support, but do also try the OTN Forum for SQL Developer. Any requests, feedback and issues that you run into will be noted, if you add them to the firum. We'd like to have a frequent release cycle and so hope to address any issues or requests quickly, where realistic of course.

The download site and other information is on the SQL Developer area: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/sql_developer/index.html

Sue Harper
PM - SQL Developer - Oracle
Re: "sql developer a.k.a. project raptor" a great tool for developers.. [message #164399 is a reply to message #164387] Thu, 23 March 2006 05:29 Go to previous message
orausern
Congrats Sue! This tool is simply great! I know of atleast one team who started using this tool after i mentioned to them about it..
Previous Topic: Unable to connect isqlplus
Next Topic: Toad 7.6.0.11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:38:09 CDT 2024