Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted.
icon4.gif  How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208840] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:07 Go to next message
braimi
Hi all there,

I am in a great tension that I m loosing my one year data bcz of a hardware crush on the server which corrupted the DUMP files. and now i am not able to import those DUMP files while the file size and names are showing proper.

Please please please help me out of this problem also you can contact me on rizkhan.fsd@gmail.com
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208843 is a reply to message #208840] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
What type of error(s) are you getting ?
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208845 is a reply to message #208840] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> and now i am not able to import those DUMP
What might be the errors?
Should we guess the error messages also? (alongwith Oracle/OS versions) Smile
Please post the exact error message you got when importing.

Edit:
Oops. Brian was faster Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2006 06:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208847 is a reply to message #208840] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

hi,

That is why Import Export is tools for data moving it is not for backup.

How can you lost ur last one year data.

ur all dump file are corrupted.or one of them.

regards
Taj

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2006 06:18]

Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208849 is a reply to message #208840] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
braimi
I really dont know that what are the error messages bcz I am not the Oracle guy but I was just wondering when Our Oracle guy said that theres no way to get the data back from the DUMP file as its corrupted and cant be accessable.

As i know about Oracle so I dun think so that theres no way to do that so I got your website and i thought to ask you professionals that might i will get some really gr8 help.

about the file so i can send you the file bcz i dont know what are the error messages.
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208854 is a reply to message #208849] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You are willing to send datafile to us ( someone in public forum).
Thats funny.
Call Oracle support.
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208857 is a reply to message #208854] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
braimi
Mahesh I wont send you the latest file but I the file I will send is also corrupted but we dont need that data from the file.

So its not a funny thing and nobody is fool over here.
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208859 is a reply to message #208857] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
The fool is the DBA for only having an export for a backup.

Mahesh is right, your best option is to contact Oracle Support.
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208866 is a reply to message #208859] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
braimi
Heres the Error Messages Mahesh,

IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file
IMP-00028: partial import of previous table rolled back: 288838 rows rolled back
Import terminated successfully with warnings.

So plz check it and let me know if you can do something in this case
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208867 is a reply to message #208857] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> So its not a funny thing and nobody is fool over here.
Unlike you, I have'nt declared myself anything like that.

>>I the file I will send is also corrupted but we dont need that data from the file
Then what is the whole purpose of the sending the file?
Are we fools working on something that you do not need? Smile

The point i was trying to make is,
You are willing to send your data to a public forum.
What if i can recover the data and expose the information? (critical or not that is a different case)
That was funny to me.
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208871 is a reply to message #208867] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
braimi
Well Mahesh we were exporting the FULL DUMPS for every year and the same I have for the old years also which are corrupted or damaged.

and thats true that if you culd recover the data and expose it but I think that we all are here to get help or support others.

So i believe in you.
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208873 is a reply to message #208871] Tue, 12 December 2006 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

we were exporting the FULL DUMPS for every year

It mean your data is not important for you.
strange.. one year one dump without any physical backup..

it but I think that we all are here to get help or support others.

Ofcourse , we all are trying to give support or help to every one.

plz. if it is production database.
Then simple Call Oracle Support.

Bcoz you have no physical backup.
( i think you lost all datafiles)
and you have only last year old dump file and also it is corrupted.( as you said in above post)

best regards
Taj
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208877 is a reply to message #208871] Tue, 12 December 2006 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
What are your oracle versions and OS version?
Are the source and target oracle version and OS are different?
Are you copying/ftp'ing/tranfering the DUMP files from machine to machine or across different OS?
or where/how did you get this file from archives/tapes/disk?
If FTP'ied the file make sure you have used BIN option.
May Sound silly but happens all the time.Did anyone attemp to edit the file?

Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208908 is a reply to message #208877] Tue, 12 December 2006 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
braimi
Dear Mahesh

the story is that the database server was configured to export a full dump file to the D drive. the server got crushed and we came to know that the dump files are gone corrupted as well after reinstalling the operating system.

OS is Windows Server 2003 Std Edition
Oracle version is 7
and we reconfigured the server in the same case as it was before means no OS difference or Oracle difference. and nobody tried to edit the file.
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208911 is a reply to message #208908] Tue, 12 December 2006 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

hi,

Are you sure ur dump file is corrupted if yes. then submit ur dump file to Oracle Support Services.
or
if you have another copy of ur dump file then try to import ur database from dump file.

and also looking to new version ( latest 10gr2) for Oracle Database.

Regards
Taj
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208913 is a reply to message #208908] Tue, 12 December 2006 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> Oracle version is 7
It is a decade old story then. Oracle 7 is been desupported several years ago and now is officially in Oracle's Musuem of Antiques.
Even Oracle Support will not help you (unless you are a really important customer).
>>configured to export a full dump file to the D drive.
And you NEVER took a tape backup/remote backup of the dumps from this directory and kept all the dump files only locally?
If that is the case, sorry. I have no idea what to do.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2006 09:53]

Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208914 is a reply to message #208911] Tue, 12 December 2006 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
braimi
Yes Taj the file is corrupted and the bad luck is that we dont have any other dump file.

and regarding Oracle Support so can you get me the contact address for Oracle Support bcz the one on Oracle site i tried but nobody replied.
Re: How to recover the data if the DUMP file is also corrupted. [message #208915 is a reply to message #208914] Tue, 12 December 2006 09:58 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Metalink.oracle.com is the place for your Oracle Support
Previous Topic: dbms_scheduler problem
Next Topic: Importing data from Oracle 9i to Oracle 7.3.4......
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:40:31 CDT 2024