Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Need AP functioanal question,answers
Need AP functioanal question,answers [message #224725] Thu, 15 March 2007 04:30 Go to next message
yogeshwar_cool

Hi,
need answers to the AP question below on yogeshwar_cool@yahoo.com:

1. What are the types of Invoices , what is prepayment & steps to apply it to an Invoice ?

ANS :

2. What are the Distribution Type while entering the Invoice?

3. What's the difference between the
Program and the "Payables Invoice Import" program?

4.What is Debit Memo & Credit Memo in Payables?

5. What is Proxima Payment Terms?

6. What will accrue in Payables?

7. What is Tolerance?

8. What is Aging Periods?

9. What is a Payable Document?

10. What are the tables associated with Invoice?

11. Which interface tables are used for Invoice Import , give the important columns?

12. What is 2 way , 3 way and 4 way matching?

13. How you will transfer payables to general ledger?

14. You created a set of book , where you will attach this SOB in AP?

15. What is use of AP Accounting Periods?

16. What is Interest Invoice and how it can be created?

17. What is a Hold? Explain the types of Hold

18. How many key flexfields are there in Payables?

19. Explain the set up used for Automatic or Manual Supplier Numbering.

20. Can you hold the partial payment if yes then how?

21. Can you cancel the invoice? If yes, explain

Thanks
Yogeshwar.
Re: Need AP functioanal question,answers [message #224796 is a reply to message #224725] Thu, 15 March 2007 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
First, you need to read this, then you need to have a dig around in the Payables User Guide. If you don't have a copy of the Payables User Guide, it can be downloaded, with all of the other Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Once you have done this, if you still have specific questions, I am sure that somebody in this forum will be delighted to help.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Need AP functioanal question,answers [message #254032 is a reply to message #224796] Wed, 25 July 2007 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soldier

David,

Can you please explain me what "Proxima payment term" means? i searched in the AP User guide but did not find an answer

Regards
Re: Need AP functioanal question,answers [message #254064 is a reply to message #254032] Wed, 25 July 2007 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Extract from 11.5.9 Payables User Guide, Glossary, Cutoff Day:-

"cutoff day
The day of the month that determines when an invoice with proxima payment terms is due. For example, if it is January and the cutoff day is the 10th, invoices dated before or on January 10 are due in the next billing period; invoices dated after the 10th are due in the following period."

Cool HTH

David.
Re: Need AP functioanal question,answers [message #254144 is a reply to message #254064] Wed, 25 July 2007 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soldier

Hi David,

I have seen this extract in 11.5.10's user guide too.. but i suppose that it is the definition of the cut off day and not about the proxima payment terms..
so i was just wondering what exactly a proxima payment term means

Regards
Re: Need AP functioanal question,answers [message #254235 is a reply to message #254144] Thu, 26 July 2007 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Rolling Eyes The definition of the cutoff date should help you to understand the Proxima Payment Terms.

Idea You could try a search on Google. I found:-

Arrow proxima payment terms
A payment term you define for invoices due on the same day each period, such as your credit card or telephone bills.
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A60725_05/html/comnls/us/je/glossary.htm

Arrow What is the differece between Proxima payment terms and payments terms?
http://oracle.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/oracle-apps-l/what-is-the-differece-between-proxima-payment-terms-and-payment s-terms-354703
and the answer
http://oracle.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/oracle-apps-l/what-is-the-differece-between-proxima-payment-terms-and-payment s-terms-354719

If these don't help, why don't you try it out in a TEST system?

Cool HTH

David
Re: Need AP functioanal question,answers [message #256416 is a reply to message #224725] Sat, 04 August 2007 08:40 Go to previous message
bhanumurthy
Hai, this Murthy, i have seen the discussion regarding Proxima Payment Terms.

I u dont mind i will share my view , I don't Know, it might also be wrong.

Proxima Payment Term will not be used in Payables. It will be Used in Receivables. Absolutely, Proxima Payment Terms means Cutt off day Only. This must used in consolidated INvoices ( I dont remember proper Teriminology) and You will find exact word in Receivables in SYSTEM OPTIONS in others tab(Last tab) or before that tab.

Regarding Proxima Payment Terms u will find good notes in DSRC Payables Book.

Payables will work with only Cut off day only not by Proxima ..

If u find any wrong with the above answer please suggest me and mail me ammubhanu@gmail.com

thanks and regards,
Murthy

Previous Topic: India Localization Functionality
Next Topic: Tax Invoice Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 31 04:19:48 CDT 2024