Home » Other » Client Tools » Toad interface sluggish on editing saved SQL files. Help?
Toad interface sluggish on editing saved SQL files. Help? [message #249684] Thu, 05 July 2007 09:52 Go to next message
deliciouspoison
Hi all. I have a problem/issue with Toad 9.0.

I did a search to see if this has already been covered - I didn't find anything. If it has please excuse this post.

When I'm editing an unsaved SQL file (or any file) the UI is responsive and zippy. However, when I open a saved SQL file editing/typing in the editor becomes PAINFULLY slow - text input is laggy, the cursor takes forever to update, and it takes several seconds (sometimes minutes) for the text I'm typing to appear. It bogs down to the point where it is unusable.

Another example...

I've written a query and the editor is responsive *until* I save my file - then the editor bogs down and exhibits the behavior with saved files.

I've tried this with files saved to local drives as well as network drives. The behavior is the same.

Is this a known issue with Toad? Are there settings that cause this? If so, what do I change to correct this? This is driving me nuts. Any help would be most appreciated.

I'm running XP Pro SP2 and P4 3.4ghz with 3GB RAM.
Re: Toad interface sluggish on editing saved SQL files. Help? [message #249735 is a reply to message #249684] Thu, 05 July 2007 12:44 Go to previous message
MarcL
I would say contact Quest Software, see if they have any answers.
Previous Topic: ORA :12170 : TNS Connect Timeout Occurred
Next Topic: open file in read only mode(not urgent)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:30:33 CDT 2024