Home » Other » Client Tools » How to remove blanks in this csv spools
How to remove blanks in this csv spools [message #252947] Fri, 20 July 2007 19:02 Go to next message
dpong
Could someone help here?

I am not sure why the spooled results I'm getting is alternated by blank rows of cells.

Re: How to remove blanks in this csv spools [message #252956 is a reply to message #252947] Fri, 20 July 2007 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SnippetyJoe
Maybe your column values are wrapping and you have RECSEP set to WRAP. Or perhaps you have RECSEP set to EACH. Try SET RECSEP OFF before your query.

If you're still getting blank lines between rows posting your query and a sample of your output would be a good thing to do.

--
Joe Fuda
SQL Snippets
Re: How to remove blanks in this csv spools [message #252963 is a reply to message #252956] Sat, 21 July 2007 00:50 Go to previous message
dpong
wow, you're good. I wish I had gotten your response 3 hours earlier. I spent a couple hours just to debug it and it turned out it was really due to the fact that recsep was set to a value other than "off". I set recsep to off and it worked. I was so glad it worked after all.

I found another problem. But it'd probably be easier to explain if I paste you the code and maybe attach the output when I get back to the office on Monday.

Thanks so much!

-DP

[Updated on: Sat, 21 July 2007 00:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Oracle SQL Developer - description of remote table
Next Topic: oracle 9i startup problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:22:18 CDT 2024