Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Account Generator error
Account Generator error [message #272534] Fri, 05 October 2007 07:50 Go to next message
maggy_ashee
Hi all,

I have modified the account generator workflow.

When i try to run the account generator for fixed asset,it fails with the following message

"Account Generator failed to generate a new code combination:"

Cause: The code combination for the generated segment does not exist and cannot be created because it would contain invalid segment values or because it has been disabled.

Action: Please review the following message for a detailed explanation of why the account could not be generated.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Re: Account Generator error [message #272549 is a reply to message #272534] Fri, 05 October 2007 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
maggy_ashee wrote on Fri, 05 October 2007 13:50
Cause: The code combination for the generated segment does not exist and cannot be created because it would contain invalid segment values or because it has been disabled.

Let's break it down:
"The code combination for the generated segment does not exist"
This bit should be self-explanatory. The code combination does not exist.
"and cannot be created because it would contain invalid segment values"
Again, this should be self-explanatory. If you have Dynamic Insert enabled, the system will try to generate new code combinations as required. However, one (or more) of the segment values in the new code combination is invalid. Check for transposition errors, letters where there should be numbers (O/0, I/1, S/5, Y/7, B/8) or vice versa.
"or because it has been disabled". Again, this should be self-explanatory. If the code combination already exists, but has been disabled, you cannot post to it.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Account Generator error [message #272571 is a reply to message #272534] Fri, 05 October 2007 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maggy_ashee
Hi Davis,

Thanks for the reply.
The code combination is valid and is still enabled.
Transposition errors are not there.

Can you please give me more details on 'Dynamic Insert' and where do we check it?

Re: Account Generator error [message #272586 is a reply to message #272571] Fri, 05 October 2007 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
My name is David, not Davis.
maggy_ashee wrote on Fri, 05 October 2007 16:10
The code combination is valid and is still enabled.

If the code combination is valid and enabled then you should not get the message. Check the code combination again, character by character if necessary. Also check MetaLink for this message. If you are 100% certain that the code combination is valid and is still enabled, then you should log an SR with Oracle Support.

maggy_ashee wrote on Fri, 05 October 2007 16:10
Can you please give me more details on 'Dynamic Insert' and where do we check it?
For information on Dynamic Insert, check the Flexfields Guide first, then the Oracle General Ledger User Guide. Do not change the setting without detailed discussions with your senior users.

David.
Re: Account Generator error [message #272698 is a reply to message #272534] Sat, 06 October 2007 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maggy_ashee
Hi David,

Sorry for pronouncing your name wrongly.

The code combinations are valid, but still i cant raise this issue with Oracle Support as we have customised the process.

It would be great, if you can let me know the tables from which the following fields are getting derived:

flex_structure
distribution_ccid
account_segment
default_ccid
account_ccid
Re: Account Generator error [message #279199 is a reply to message #272586] Wed, 07 November 2007 05:28 Go to previous message
altasen.com
Hi maggy_ashee,

Dynamic insert means that the Account Generator can create new Code Combinations. This is a setting in the Key Flexfield (System Administrator > Application > Flexfields > Key > Segments).
If the Account Generator wants to create a new Code Combination, and Dynamic Insert is disabled, then this will result in an error.

HTH
Roel Hogendoorn
http://www.altasen.com Oracle Application Books
Previous Topic: Difference b/w Cr memo and Dr memo
Next Topic: Integrating Purchasing & Inventory to another application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 09:13:33 CDT 2024