Home » Other » Client Tools » SQL* error on cline machines
SQL* error on cline machines [message #280611] Wed, 14 November 2007 04:12 Go to next message
tawfikora
ORACLE 9.2.0.6 on Windows2000 server
my company have a windows domain network,,,
i am the DBA
we have old ERP Application (Not Oracle APPS.), to connect users with this application you have to install ORACLE CLient,,,,
so we can loging to the application from the local machine without problem but if we are loging with the Windows domain user (which is power user) this problem occur, if u r going to open SQL* Plus

ERROR 6 Intialization SQL* plus
SP2-0750 you may beed to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory
sp1<lang>.msb not set

although i can connect localy to this machine and the domain user have full control to ORACLE_HOME
Note: ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, NLS_LANG are well difinded and in the right direcoties in Registery Editor

why can resolve this issue?
Re: SQL* error on cline machines [message #280621 is a reply to message #280611] Wed, 14 November 2007 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Do you use Windows SQL*Plus or DOS one?

Regards
Michel
Re: SQL* error on cline machines [message #280625 is a reply to message #280621] Wed, 14 November 2007 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tawfikora
Dear
thanks for reply
i use both of them windows SQL plus and DOS SQL plus
my friend to be hoest i use oracle metalink search and i found Doc_ID: Note:315519.1
this article give solution but not true in my case, then i send this topic here on ORAFAQ because i know this site have many professional guys
Thank you
Regards
Re: SQL* error on clinet machines [message #280629 is a reply to message #280621] Wed, 14 November 2007 04:52 Go to previous message
tawfikora
Dear
This is the Doc_id contents from metalink:

---
EDIT: Removed copyrighted contents from post
---

can i use another method to install oracle client on the users machines such as to export the needed values from registery editor and needed files only without need to install all oracle client?

Thank you in advance
Mohamed Tawfik

Mod edit: please do not post copyrighted content.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2007 04:57] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Connecting to another DB.
Next Topic: TOAD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:55:56 CDT 2024