Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » FA Account Generator Workflow Customization (11.5.10)
FA Account Generator Workflow Customization [message #287290] Tue, 11 December 2007 18:58 Go to next message
vmittaka
Hi,

Accounting flexfield structure -
Division:Department:Account:Member:Product:Region:Intercompany:Future

Currently the retirement accounts picks up the value for member and region from the default Book Controls in our current business scenario.
Business needs to modify this, as there is a commitment of this asset to a particular member and region. So at the time of retirement the associated accounts for proceeds of sale on Gain or Loss account should have the values relevent to where the asset was assigned just prior to retirement. The Account generator needs to be modified so as to pick up the values of both Member and Region from the Asset Assignments.

I have customized FA Account Generator workflow as below.
FA Account Generator Workflow -> Generate Default Account Process.

1. Modified the "Generate Book Level Account" process to fetch the Member and Region Segments from Distribution CCID for the corresponding account types.
2. Modified the "Generate Category Level Account" process to fetch the Member and Region Segments from Distribution CCID for the corresponding account types.

Tested the scenario after implementing the custom workflow, But there was some mismatch with the expected results.
- Select and Retire one Asset
- Executed depreciatin without closing the period
- Ran "Create Journal Entries" Process.

Queried the journal transfered from Assets using the period and source.
The Account Code combination for the retired assets is not correct.
Still it shows account code combinationfor the retired asset as old logic. Infacg FA Account Generator Workflow processed and generated new code combination, But it does not reflect in the journal transfer.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue or am i missing some steps in the workflow customization.

I highly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Venkanna
Re: FA Account Generator Workflow Customization [message #287593 is a reply to message #287290] Wed, 12 December 2007 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ggr88
Hi,

The accounts for an asset are generated the first time Generate Accounts process is run (this is initiated by Depreciation etc).

If you then change the FA Account Generator logic, the changes will not apply to any existing assets, only new assets.

You need to do a Transfer (or Mass Transfer) of assets in order for the account to be re-generated.

Gareth
Re: FA Account Generator Workflow Customization [message #287806 is a reply to message #287593] Thu, 13 December 2007 10:12 Go to previous message
vmittaka
Hi Gareth,

Thank you very much for your help. The issue is resolved.

I have deleted corresponding records from FA_DISTRIBUTION_ACCOUNTS table and tested in the development. It is generating accounts correctly for the existing assets.

We are going to do transfer ALL existing assets to a dummy location and then back to force all distribution accounts to be rebuild with new logic in the production.

Thanks,
Venkanna
Previous Topic: FSG Fonts
Next Topic: How to run the concurrent program from database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 09:11:17 CDT 2024