Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » problem with j-initiator
problem with j-initiator [message #290168] Thu, 27 December 2007 21:53 Go to next message
hatsoffforu
i am trying to use e-buisnes suite.when i use it throught the admistratot acoount,the j-inititaor loads properly but when i try to open it through my user account,it pops up a java excpetion..."registry missin for dispatcher"
Re: problem with j-initiator [message #290249 is a reply to message #290168] Fri, 28 December 2007 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Sounds like Jinititaor was installed as administrator. When the user executes it, the required registry keys cannot be found (they belong to the administrator user).

Try to reinstall Jinitiator under your user account and let us know if it works for you or not.
Re: problem with j-initiator [message #290271 is a reply to message #290249] Fri, 28 December 2007 04:28 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I can share my experience, but I'm not sure I am talking about the same thing as any of you.

First of all, I don't know Oracle Apps. but I *think* (by reading topics people have opened here) that "administrator" and "user account" Hatsoffforu mentioned are Oracle Apps. terms, not operating system ones.

We had a problem when installing Java Initiator 1.3.1.22 on MS Windows XP systems as "user" accounts (this time I'm really talking about operating system accounts) - installation wouldn't start so we had to visit all those PCs (as users don't have administration privileges), log on as administrators and (successfully) install Java Initiator. We also ran the application to make sure everything is OK. When an "ordinary" user logged back on, there was no problem in using previously installed Java Initiator; I never saw any message about being unable to find registry keys.

I hope Frank's suggestion will help and would like to hear the rest of the story.
Previous Topic: How to Create Both Vertical & Horizontal Tool bars for a data block
Next Topic: what web site I can download 12i user guide except for www.oracle.com?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 07:58:22 CDT 2024