Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recover data from disk
Recover data from disk [message #27265] Tue, 16 September 2003 23:33 Go to next message
Tina
Hello all iam installing oracle 8.1.6 on win2k
i dint take my oracle back up.My system crached(os corrupeted).How can I restore data from archives and
controls files and data files
Re: Recover data from disk [message #27274 is a reply to message #27265] Wed, 17 September 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark
During recovery, the Oracle server can manually or automatically apply the necessary archived and redo log files to reconstruct the data files. Before a redo log file is applied, the Oracle server suggests the log file name to apply.

SQL> set autorecovery on

*  Enter auto when prompted for a redo log file:

SQL>  recover datafile 4;
		ORA_00279:  change 308810 … 12/02/97 17:00:14 needed for thread 1
		ORA_00289:  sugestion : /disk1/archive/arch_34.rdo
		ORA_00280:  change 308810 for thread 1 is in sequence #35
		Specify log: (<RET>=suggested | filename | AUTO | CANCEL {
		AUTO
		Log applied.

Use the AUTOMATIC option of the recovery command:

SQL> recover automatic datafile 4;
		Media recovery complete

To locate data files needing recovery, and where they need recovery from, use the V$RECOVER_FILE view.

SQL>  select * from v$recover_file;

To locate archived log files, view V$ARCHIVED_LOG for all archives or V$RECOVERY_LOG for archives needed during recovery:
SQL> select * from v$recovery_log;

Good Luck.
Re: Recover data from disk [message #27292 is a reply to message #27274] Wed, 17 September 2003 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tina
Thaks for reply U dint get my query ,what actually happend is,MY win2k was corrupted.How can i restore oracle data from
.dbf files and control files and redologs and

archivedlog files and where this files found

files.
and how can i attach this files to another database,Please let me know in detail
Re: Recover data from disk [message #27300 is a reply to message #27292] Thu, 18 September 2003 08:31 Go to previous message
Mark
What query? You must make it clear on what you want to achieve. All I know from your request is your win2k os is corrupt(I assume this had corrupted an Oracle file?), and you need to restore the db? In order to restore you must do an "recover database", and since you have no backup, you must recover from the achieved files. Please respond with more and clearer detail, on what you need.
Your datafiles,logfiles and control files location,
SELECT name FROM v$datafile
           UNION
           SELECT name FROM v$controlfile
           UNION
           SELECT member FROM v$logfile;

If you want to move the files to another database, then you must shut down that instance and replace all datafiles,controlfiles,redo files,archived and your pfile(c:oracleadmininstancepfileinit.ora) once you have replaced these files then;
log on as sysdba, run this;
startup pfile='c:oracleadmininstancepfileinit.ora' 

also, it is a good idea to replace the password file,
c:oracleora90databaseyourpwfile

good luck
Previous Topic: RMAN - To a different host - nocatalog
Next Topic: I WANT TO RECOVER DATA FROM PREVIOUS ORACLE FOLDER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:09:04 CDT 2024