Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Error occurred Data Guard during intial DB duplicate to standby server (Oracle 10g Data Guard, Solaris 10)
Error occurred Data Guard during intial DB duplicate to standby server [message #307994] Thu, 20 March 2008 13:19 Go to next message
cheetongsim
Hi.. I have setup the OEM-Dataguard in order to duplicate the DB instance from the primary to the standby DB in the standby server.

At first I installed oracle server in Server A (Primary) created DB instance of SCT, in archivelog mode and then I install the oracle binary in Server B (standby) and made 2 servers ORACLE_HOME the same and also I installed OEM agents on the 2 servers and registered successfully to the OEM server.

I then used the dataguard to do the initial backup of the DB in server A and but when I specify the standby DB location, it prompt me the following error. Any help ?

Error

Examine and correct the following error(s), then retry the operation.
Remote Operation Error - Internal error occured

Add Standby Database: Database Location

Primary Database SCT
Primary Host Ent
Step 3 of 6

Standby Database

* Instance Name
The instance name (also referred to as the SID) must be unique on the standby host.
Database Storage File SystemRaw Devices
Choose whether the database files will be put on a conventional file system or on raw devices.

Standby Host Credentials

Enter the credentials of the user who owns the Oracle installation in the Oracle Home selected below.
* Username

* Password

Standby Database Location

The standby database can be created in any Oracle Home that has been discovered by Enterprise Manager. Only Oracle Homes on hosts that match the operating system of the primary host are shown. Select the Oracle Home in which to create the standby database.
Search For Host
Select Host Oracle Home Oracle Server Version Operating System Operating System Version
Ent /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 10.2.0.1.0 SunOS 5.10
Ent_standby /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 10.2.0.1.0 SunOS 5.10

• Attachment: DB.jpg
    (Size: 172.01KB, Downloaded 1551 times)
Re: Error occurred Data Guard during intial DB duplicate to standby server [message #351442 is a reply to message #307994] Tue, 30 September 2008 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbadean
Hi I am having a similar problem when re-creating a physical standby. Was there ever a resolution to the listed problem?
Thanks, d.
Re: Error occurred Data Guard during intial DB duplicate to standby server [message #458958 is a reply to message #351442] Wed, 02 June 2010 13:28 Go to previous message
Troy Meyerink
I am having this same problem in Oracle OEM 11g... what was the solution?
Thanks!
Previous Topic: Redo log
Next Topic: Recreating Physical Standby
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:43:40 CDT 2024